The C-Pace EM is a multi-mode, multi-channel stimulator designed to drive both chronic stimulation and mechanical stretch of bulk quantities of cells in culture incubators. The C-Pace EM model provides all the various electrophysiology features such as constant variation in frequency, insertion of periodic off beats and programmable frequency changes that were available in the earlier C-Pace EP. Additionally, the EM version allows control of C-Stretch electromechanical stimulation units as well as C-Dish electrode assemblies. The EM also offers simple USB communication with the new, easy-to-use C-Pace Navigator control software. Coupled with either the C-Dish or C-Stretch (or both), the C-Pace EM and C-Pace Navigator make up a complete Culture Pacing System.
This pacer offers fully programmable multi-step sequence protocols can have up to five different pacing and stretching steps – useful for exercise protocols. For electrical stimulation, it emits biphasic stimuli, greatly reducing electrolysis at the electrodes. It has an output voltage of +/- 40 V, a frequency from once every 100 seconds to 99 pulses/sec, and a pulse duration of 0.4 to 24 msec. The EM has flexible pacing protocols that have been designed on request by customers who want to study the effects of arrhythmia or exercise protocols during culture. Gate and Aux outputs allow for increased functionality when used as an acute pacer.
Features in the EM version:
- Insert an offbeat pulse at a fixed interval
- Run multiple pulse trains with individually programmable frequency and duration
- Random variation of specified frequency within definable percentage window and guaranteed average effective rate
- Change to next pulse train with TTL ‘advance’ input and/or trigger individual pulses with TTL ‘pulse’ input
- Operate the C-Stretch for combined electromechanical stimulation of up to six individual flexible culture wells
- Fully customizable trapezoidal stretch waveform with adjustable expansion, holding and contraction phases – useful for constraining systolic and diastolic dwell times
- Program electrical pulse to occur at any time during stretch protocol, including with randomized variability – useful for mimicking arrhythmia
- Simple GUI to manage stimulation protocols on a Windows laptop or PC
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. It is not certified for clinical applications (including diagnostic purposes). Use of this product in uncertified applications is in violation of FDA regulations.