C-Stim CMC Microscope Chamber System
The C-Stim from Cell MicroControls (CMC) is a superfusion chamber system for microscopy studies. It incorporates several substantial improvements over existing chamber designs. The central innovation is the C-Stim’s reusable chamber insert. Its coverslip bottom is glued in place, which nearly eliminates solution leakage into the scope. The insert is autoclavable so cells can be cultured directly in it. The chamber holder is designed for quick and easy removal of one chamber insert and replacement with another (a process that takes less than a minute and during which the cells are never exposed to air). The platinum wire stimulation assembly is also a “snap-in part” and is configured with a built in thermistor to sample bath temperature. The geometry of the inflow/outflow ports permits a stable solution level at low bath volume (<0.5ml) and achieves nearly laminar flow at a flow rate of up to 2ml/min. Finally, stage adapter plates are available for all major microscopes.
The C-Stim superfusion chamber system can be combined with the CMC Temperature Controller and Heater and an acute field stimulator (MyoPacer or MyoPacer EP) for pacing your cells during experimentation at the appropriate physiologic temperature.
- Inexpensive and reusable chamber inserts are autoclavable.
- Integral coverslip bottom prevents solution leakage.
- Chamber volume is low, tapered inflow/outflow channels achieve laminar flow, separate aspiration port maintains stable solution level.
- Platinum wire field-stimulation electrode assembly is easy to insert/remove, connects easily to MyoPacer and other field stimulators.
- Stimulation assembly will include a built-in thermistor for recording chamber temperature.
- The chamber holder is configured with CMC’s unique adjustable level aspirator.
- Stage adapter plates are available for all major microscopes.
- Standard system includes 5 chamber inserts.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. It is not certified for clinical applications (including diagnostic purposes). Use of this product in uncertified applications is in violation of FDA regulations.