Cell Framing Adapter
The Cell Framing Adapter is used to simplify and optimize cell fluorescence recording using a PMT. An adjustable iris is used to frame a rectangular area of the microscope field of view maximizing selected cell fluorescence while masking background signal. A CCD camera shows you the actual image that the PMT will record. The dichroic reflects the fluorescence emission band to the PMT adapter. The use of a red filter in the microscope condenser permits the transmitted image to be visualized concurrently with the cell fluorescence. This feature is exploited by both of our combined calcium and contractility/diameter recording systems. The Cell Framing Adapter comes with the matching mount to connect to the PMT Sub-System.
- Microscope Coupling – The microscope coupling attaches to the side port or trinocular head of all common microscopes.
- Dichroic – An appropriate dichroic mirror for your selected emission band is included.
- Rectangular Aperture – Serves to mask out signal from cell and debris adjacent to the cell of interest.
- Magnification Coupling – A range of demagnification couplers are available to optimize the image size presented to the system camera.
- MyoHandle – This mechanical element couples the rectangular aperture to the camera so that both elements can be rotated in tandem making cell alignment easy.
- Option D: Dual Emission – The CFA optics can be stacked to permit dual emission PMT recording.
- Option L – Additional CFA Lids are available to simplify switching between fluorophores.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. It is not certified for clinical applications (including diagnostic purposes). Use of this product in uncertified applications is in violation of FDA regulations.