SarcLen Sarcomere Length Acquisition Module
SarcLen enables IonWizard to acquire high resolution sarcomere length measurements. The accompanying image to the right shows IonWizard during data acquisition as extended by SarcLen. SarcLen performs an average of the lines within the area of interest to create a well resolved striation pattern (grey). A fast Fourier transform (FFT) is then calculated and the peak within the power spectrum (red) represents the average sarcomere spacing, measured in real time up 500 times per second.
- The FFT analysis of video lines is used to determine the sarcomere length.
- The FFT analysis allows resolutions of 10-20 nanometers (~0.5 % length change) in sarcomere length.
- Sarcomere length sampling rates as high as 500 Hz.
- Up to 32 video lines are averaged together prior to FFT analysis to remove random noise.
- SarcLen communicates seamlessly with our new digital MyoCam_S or the previously-offered analog MyoCam cameras.
- Logically interfaces with and integrates into any IonOptix recording system.
- Acquired data is immediately available for analysis with the powerful IonWizard Transient Analysis software package.
- Sarcomere length data can also be sent out through a D/A converter to a secondary recorder.
Note: This product is intended for research purposes only. It is not certified for clinical applications (including diagnostic purposes). Use of this product in uncertified applications is in violation of FDA regulations.